S T Y L E R U L E S 2 0 1 5


Do you ever find yourself struggling to find something to wear? 'I have nothing to wear!' You cry at your full and overflowing wardrobe. This is me every single day and I have decided I've simply had enough. With the new year coming round fast, I'm setting myself some style rules to stop my throwaway fashion ways and to actually like my entire wardrobe so I am never late because I had 'nothing to wear' again.

STOP IMPULSE BUYING

We've all been there, usually in Primark; 'it's such a steal'; 'the last one in my size'; 'but it's so cute'. This is the mindset I want to change. Too often I find myself in this situation panicking about what I should do and frankly it's not a good reason to be buying so many items of clothing I'll only wear once. This year I intend on knowing what I have, figuring out specifically what I want, and not settling for something that is almost what I'm looking for.

DON'T BUY MULTIPLES OF THINGS

I'm one of those people that once I find something that I like, I buy it in a few colours. Because of this, I have numerous items in multiple colours, and this seems like such a great idea at the time as my wardrobe is full of items I will wear; however, it also ensure I look the same most days. This year I plan on sticking with no more than 2 colours of these items.

NO MORE ACCESSORIES 

In my head, I think buying a bag to update my wardrobe is far more cost conscious than buying a new item of clothing. It isn't. I will happily spend more than a bag on if I think it's better quality, this completely defeats the principle of saving money. I am also dreadful for buying smaller accessories, such as costume jewellery or sunglasses, if the price is right. I'm going to stop this as every little purchase adds up and creates clutter.

BE MORE RUTHLESS

Many a time I have stood in front of my wardrobe with the intention of having a massive clear out and streamlining everything a bit more to create space. Every single time I can barely throw one item in the 'donate' bag. I intend on being more ruthless with this, especially not keeping an item of clothing from a couple years ago - that no longer fits - because I still like it. There is no function in keeping beautiful garments that will only see the light of day if I don't close the wardrobe door.


So that's the rules; simple; straightforward; and a clear base to help with my intended clear out this year.