J U L Y


We've all heard it enough already, but it is in fact July.

Every month I like to set myself a to do list that spans the month. Actually, I like to write to do lists for most aspects of my life, but the monthly one helps me keep my anxiety about life at bay so I feel it is necessary now.

- Clean out room
- Donate inevitable pile of clear-out
- Get hair cut
- Get up to 5K
- Read a book
- Instagram plan

I think this month, and summer, is mostly about being as productive as possible and actually going through with the declutter I've been planning since I was about 14. It's gotten to the point now where I've gone away to university and then come back, and it's all very out of hand. Part of me feels like I won't have succeeded in becoming an adult unless I have culled through all my possessions.

Everything else is mostly a part of a bigger plan. I want to be able to comfortably run a 5K by the end of the month so I can begin to push towards the goal of running a 10K as well. Giving myself the milestone will certainly help. I also want to almost 'brand' my instagram account. Having studied the use of the platform in depth over the course of my dissertation, it seems daft to not use my knowledge to my own account, and really prove to myself - and potential employers - that I know how it works.

This month is one of self improvement, and one that cannot come soon enough.